Friday 10 December 2010

reasons for digipak and poster- emily


For my poster i really like the idea of it being a mirrored effect creating more people in the band. I think that it really makes the band look alot fuller and more powerfull. I messed around with some other photos and different font until i found one which i really liked. The font i have choosen in a white called OCR A EXTENDED. I really like this text as its simple and lets the photo do the talking for the band. The photo i have choosen for the poster is the same as the front of the digi pack. I have done this because i belive it ties the digi pack and poster together so you can see it is from the same artist and the same album. Also i have choosen MOJO KERRANG and Q to feature on my magazine showing to the
audience what genre of music it is without having to listen.Throught the poster and digi-pak there is a theme running throughout with the paint effect which lies over the top of the pictures. I have choosen this effect because personally i think it makes the piece look more vampy glamour by giving it a gothic twist. Again the font i have used is the same on the digi-pak as it is on the poster, this gives it some form of continuity throughout the peices. I have taken ispiration from many digi packs but the one which i took the most was 'WET WET WET.' Even though this isnt my genre of music i belived it gave my digi-pak the look which it needed. The painted effect was shown throughout the wet wet wet digi-pak and i instantly took a liking to it. I also choose to have no text on the extra pages on the digi-pak as i belive that my didgi-pak is more visual than anything else, its more like a piece of art on each page than a extra page with text on.
I belive my digi-pak could be improved slightly by maybe using a different layout or a more formal font. All in all i think both are very sucsessful and have turned out exactly like i wanted them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment