Wednesday 10 November 2010

Album Artwork-Jack

When looking through and researching artwork from other artists albums I am gathering all sorts of inspiration. I think with our genre of music and band that an arty sort of cover would be appropriate but then i think that it would be a shame to not use the girls because we have almost created a brand with such a strong image and persona. Here are a few covers and my thoughts about them and if they would fit with what we are trying to achieve.

Not fitting with our genre i know but i like the simplicity of this cover, with the grey background and the red really standing out. I think it has a cute aspect which is obviously not what we are looking for but their is something about the simplicity and colour scheme that i am liking.  The cartoon hands are all wrong and something that we will definitely steer clear from. The title and lettering is as simple as the picture but for me maybe too simple for something we are trying to achieve for The Noise. I think that our title has to be quite in your face.





The colour scheme here is nice, the burnt orange and gold affect is nice also. I think my favourite aspect of this cover is that he isnt central and the main focul point, This idea would be difficult if we chose to have all three girls on the cover, but if we were to opt for just Trinny on the front it deffinately is something that i would consider. I like the furniture in this and i like how its heavily reliant on the props, similar to our video. The overall feeling of this cover is a little different to what we were aiming for but i do still like it.





I know we were told to stear clear of the covers of the artists we have chosen but i love the idea of just Trinny on the front and think that it fits. I think the pose is something that we can re-create with our own spin on it, i wouldnt want to do something identical to this because i think our version is much more stylised and maybe even more grunge that this picture. I think the rebellious aspect with Taylor showing her bra is interesting and i think we need to do something that is going to shock the audience and show how rebellious the girls are. The lettering is nice but maybe a bit to fancy for what we are aiming for. I have a vision in my head and i think this is maybe a but too put together for out 'effortless' image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment